Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Twenty Ten or 2010 or The First Winner of the New Year!

Well, I have waited for others to post on last weeks tournament (the first tournament of the new year) but I shall take the bull by the horns and report and what a REPORT it is. Erin "Bro Hemulous" "HemHaw" Hemmings broke the tournament record by shooting (holy shit) 15 under par. WOW! A big congratulations to Hemulous. Is that a cartoon version of Erin wearing an Innova shirt and is that a green Firebird? We had a nice turnout of approximately 13 people including some youngsters (and a grandfather) from Booneville. I think Nate Dog was able to get the granddad (I forget his name) to become a member. Give that man a bagtag, a voice, a vote, and a membership to the Mendocino Frolf Club. Vinny Vincenzo Vince took second shooting 4 under his handicap and yours truly DaveyrockingthemendocinocoastextractingteethandshitStein won absolutely nothing by taking 3rd place shooting 3 under my handicap. The day started off sunny and the Mendo fog rolled in to captures discs and swallow hearts. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and the ace pot lives on. The following are the scores from tourney day (as I can remember):

Erin: -15 (7 under handicap)
Vince: -2 (4 under handicap
Davey: -8 (3 under handicap)
Jimmer: -3 (even with handicap)
Parks: +4 ( 5 over handicap)
Nate: someone help
Johny: someone help
Jeremy: someone help
Storms: someone help
Youngster 1/Jacob: +16
Youngster 2: +14
Grandad: ??
Am I forgetting someone?

Sorry folks for not having all the scores. Nate Dog--how is the list coming for the benifits of being a member of the Mendocino Frolf Club. Here is how I see it so far:
1. You get a bag tag.
2. You get to vote on things/have a voice (I know an issue some folks are talking about voting on is capping the ace pot and/or starting a new pot).
3. You can attend the meetings.
4. What else?

Here is an update on the logo design contest. I have emailed the Fort Bragg High School art teacher with the details on how to submit applications (I gave her all of Nate's information). I have left a message for the Mendocino High School art teacher but she hasn't called me back. I have emailed some artsy people that I know. I am a little pessimisstic that we are going to get enough submissions. I haven't heard from Arvin Julius in a little while and I am not sure if he has finished the flyer and/or posted them. AJ, where are you? Lithuania? Portugul? Does Kazakhstan have CVS's. Should we extend the deadline (which is currently 1/15)? Give me thoughts and feedback.

DaveyD

5 comments:

  1. Mendocino Frolf Club,

    Read my post and weigh in.

    DaveyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we could wait and see how many entries we get, if we dont get hardly any we could extend it a little. we could start thinking about a meeting date, towards the end of jan??? sounds good to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone from the Great White North. Congrats Hem Haw! Its about time the MFC holds that record.
    Just an update on the Ice Bowl goodness... We have acquired some donations from Gateway disc.
    We are waiting on word back from many more companies nationwide. I was just wondering if anyone was getting the local donations. I feel someone face to face would have more luck than us emailing them from here. Any way hope everyone is having great rounds and even better days. Oh we have some new stickers on the way also! Yeah for stickers. Cant wait to see you all in Feb. No Whimps No Whiners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frolfing dudes,
    Nice record Erin (it's a long time coming!). Are we looking for local donations in a monetary form? Or in the form of a giant basket of fresh baked muffins on tourney day? Or perhaps in the form of a gift certificate for _________? Or are we looking for cans-o-food? Let me know and I see what I can do here at my place of employment and beyond. Also, has catch a canoe been contacted?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Linz long time no see. Thanks for your questions. We are looking for any of the above we would love muffins. Any thing that we can donate that is non perishable we will donate. Any gift certificates or other material goods will be prized out in some way to make it more fun for the players. Thanks again and cant wait to see you all in Feb.

    ReplyDelete