Winning In Perfection, or simply WIP, took this Sunday's windy tournament in outstanding fasion as he blasted putts from tail wind, head wind, swiling wind, or whatever wind you could throw at the guy. I played with the guy and he putted in a fearless manner ousting the competition. Nice win Wip! Jeremy took second as he aced (for the first time...just kidding...well, it was probably the first ace he had on Sunday) hole 9 and shot -3.
1. Sponsership/Course Improvement/Alan Carlson/Concrete
Turns out, Alan Carlson only owns 15% of the land east of College of the Redwoods (Ice Bowl land) and the same owners who own the Boatyard Shopping Center own the other 85% of the land. Jim called Alan Carlson and found this out and is awaiting a call from the other owners. Thanks Jim. Keep us posted. Also, Dirka wants to start going around and finding sponsers for tee pads and baskets for WHEN we expand or concrete the Fort Bragg course. The members offered Dirka suggestions and gave him the green light. Also, several members formed a Course Design Crew to "Pimp the Course Out". Those members include: Rye Bread, Dirka, Hemmies, and Hawk. These members are going to come up with designs and figure out an Awesome Course Layout. Vinny helped us estimate that each concrete tee pad would cost about $80.
2. Vandalism to the Mendo Course/Welders
As most of you know the Mendo Course was vandalized about a week ago. Me, Hemmies, and Vindy reset baskets 1 and 18 wtih concrete and Vinny yielded his chainsaw around to improve the stump for basket 18. We need a welder to come help our baskets. Action Plan: Nate Dizzle and Vince are going to talk to Welders they know to see how much they would charge to fix the baskets.
3. Fund raiser for the Mendo Course/Communication with Mendo High
We have talked about having a biggish tournament/fund raiser for the Mendo High course for a long time but we have remained underground but as more and more people are playing Mendo it is time to check in with the school/principal/maintenance. Action Plan: First step: I was nominated to talk to the High School principal just to get an idea of what she thinks about disc golf and disc golfers. I will keep people updated.
Vinny informed us that someone is building a course in Westport. Action Plan: Vinny is going to let us know of the progress.
As we have talked about for the last several weeks, if someone is drinking alcohol or smoking pot or cigarettes on the Mendo Course or threatening someone, on any course, they can be disqualified from tournament play by either 2 members on your card or whomever is running that tournament.
6. Death to Willits
Let's play Low Gap!
I think I got everything boys but if I forgot something let me know and post it in the comments section. Oh yeah, pizza and pasta was eaten and beer and soda pop was drank!
Over and Out